Franklin Templeton Investments remains a leading global
investment management company for over 50 years thanks to our
greatest assets- our employees. We offer an exceptional range of
diverse career options. We value excellence, initiative and
diversity and strive to bring a balance of work and life to our
The Data Architect leads the development and implementation of
the logical data model and physical data design utilizing data
architecture and modeling standards. They drive the vision and
strategy of the enterprise data architecture.
• Performs data modeling (logical and physical) for supported
applications and projects and creates related diagram
• Performs initial table storage capacity and predicted future
growth based on the application use and online retention
• Prepares table access properties and volatility transactions.
• Creates technical specifications, documentation and data
• Assesses the impacts and efforts of new projects and
continuous enhancements to existing application data
architectures and data models.
• Generates sequenced sets of DDL scripts through the use of
• Leads the creation of database related scripts and programs
required to compliment the auto-generated DDL scripts.
• Partners with application teams on the data loading technology
and logic to achieve the best results.
• Partners with the DBA’s on the database design, co-existence
and consolidation and replication/propagation strategies for new
• Collaborates with the Sr. Data Architect, defines standards in
data architecture and modeling for transaction, reporting, data
warehouse databases with considerations to database
availability, scalability, manageability and performance.
• Collaborates with the Sr. Data Architect in defining standards
for how data will be organized, stored, accessed and propagated
while maintaining a flexible and extensible architecture that
allows evolving information needs.
• Seeks for opportunities to reuse, share, consolidate and
leverage existing data architectures.
• Maintains an accurate and up to date Meta
data repository containing data and business definitions, data
sources and usage of information that can be used by business
users and application teams to enhance overall data quality and
the ability to rapidly deliver business solutions.
• Assists the application teams in the definition of extract,
transformation and load processes used to populate tables.
• Manages the data modeling tool and repository and ensures
accurateness and up to date information.
• Develop project plans and estimate efforts for projects.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends trends and products to
deliver high quality and low cost data management solutions.
• Stays abreast of data modeling, RDBMS features and
functionality through attendance at seminars, classes and other
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Six years of experience as data architect or data modeler.
• A Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Computer Science or
equivalent training and practical experience.
• Experience in designing data models and architecture standards
for multi-terabyte databases in both OLTP and Data Warehousing.
Minimum of two years in Data Warehousing environments.
• Extensive experience with Oracle RDBMS and applying features
to produce highly manageable, performing and scalable data
architectures with multi-terabyte databases.
• Experience with designing data architectures leveraged by
OLAP, MOLAP and ROLAP applications.
• Experience in managing multiple concurrent projects using
standard software development life cycle methodologies.
• Requires knowledge of web, middleware technology, Object
Oriented design and Service Oriented Architectures.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Data modeling and architecture experience with SQLServer,
Sybase and DB2.
• Practical work experience with Informatica ETL tool or other
• Practical work experience as a DBA in development and
• Experience in the design and maintenance of near real-time
• Experience in the financial services or mutual fund industry.
Resumes can be sent to:
Franklin Templeton offers competitive salaries, educational
reimbursement, and on-site training. Our benefits include
medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We also offer an
Employee Stock Investment Program, Profit Sharing with a 401K
feature and match, incentive plans and the purchase of funds
with no sales charge. To apply for this position or to view
other opportunities, please visit our website at