IT Data Analyst, Senior
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California is focused on transforming health care by making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 3.5 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution. We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
As a member of IT Data Services Management team, this person will be responsible for performing detailed analysis, create source to target designs, complete data profiling, and manage metadata in support of the development and/or implementation of new or enhanced systems projects or programs. Participates in development of strategic and tactical planning activities, and works with IT PMO, business users, and technical peers to provide solution estimates. Reviews business requirements and leads source to target design efforts including system technical flows, use case analysis for a complex portfolio set of applications, leading a team of data analysts.
Leads joint application design requirements and solution sessions across IT and business teams. Implements improvements to the quality of processes, standards and metrics. The Data Analyst works with subject matter experts from the project team to determine data requirements for analytical systems, develop these requirements into functional specifications and detailed data flow design documents, and participates in the full development process life-cycle from concept, through testing, to implementation. This includes identifying necessary data, reconciling with the new application and the legacy data sources and ensuring a successful implementation. This will include communicating business term definitions, establishing data quality rules, researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process and workflow knowledge, and user acceptance testing. Leads the data and system impact analysis incorporating system designs and system architecture. Participate in problem management process. Performs data profiling and detailed data analysis of source systems and target analytic solutions. Any experience in Domain models and Canonical models is preferred.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to work in a fast pace environment. They will be working on multiple, critical mission project initiatives. The candidate will need to be self-sufficient and take initiatives to drive results with minimal direction/supervision.
• Ability to work with SMEs, BSAs, and project team to gather data requirements and complete the DSM scope definition for project planning phase.
• Performs data analysis, gap and impact analysis for medium to large sized assignment (with med/large number of data elements, one-to-multiple sources, business impact, and visibility).
• Uses documented procedures to create source-to-target mapping, document codemap capturing business and technical metadata, and complete data lineage.
• Highly proficient in SQL skills with ability to manipulate and analyze high-volume, high-dimensionality data from various sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
• Performs data profiling, document results, and present findings to various audience, propose options and/or recommendations.
• Ability to perform adhoc, live research to demonstrate/present data issues, patterns, relationships, findings and/or recommendations.
• Understanding of different types of data models
• Ability to work with cross functional teams: data stewards, architects, data governance, data modeler, data quality, development, tech lead, and QA team to address data and mapping questions
• Ability to provide estimate for work assignment.
• Ability to provide concise and timely communications to project, business, and internal functional teams, and escalate issues as required
• Work collaboratively with data quality analysts, data stewards, and data governance team to resolve data quality issues
• Own vendor technical data exchange relationship to drive, gather requirements and resolve any vendor data feed issues.
• Influence stakeholders to make product improvements that yield business value by effectively making compelling cases through story-telling, visualizations, and other influencing tools
• Participate in ongoing decisions concerning data collections, design, methodology, and data analysis
• Other duties as assigned
What we offer:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork – Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.